One of the most affordable major cities in North America, Edmonton is a sophisticated, modern city with the warmth of western Canadian hospitality. Situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River, Edmonton has a metropolitan population of over 1,104,000 making it one Canada's largest metropolitan areas.
The city boasts a strong economic background, low cost of living and a well-established transportation infrastructure that greatly reduces commuting times into the city's core from surrounding areas.
Edmonton also offers a diverse spectrum of entertainment and leisure activities which include
- World-class golf courses
- 7,400 hectare river valley park system, which features biking, hiking and jogging trails
- Edmonton Oilers hockey
- Edmonton Eskimos football
- The Northern Jubilee Auditorium
- World famous West Edmonton Mall
- Edmonton Symphony Orchestra
- A multitude of summer music and cultural festivals including Folk Fest, Heritage Days, The Works Visual Arts Festival and many more
- Horse and Indy racing
- Skiing and many icerinks